Thursday, June 19, 2014

What Comes After Rain

From sketch to final product:





The water in the buckets was done using Quick Water's Simulated Water that I bought in the floral section of my local art store. Admittedly I grew a bit power hungry after discovering this product and thus began a year long obsession where I would incorporate it in as many sculptures as I could, regardless of necessity. Case in point, I now have two boxes of the stuff crammed in my closet that have yet to be used. 

That being said, I recommend using the mixing package rather than the one that involves melting the gel over boiling water since it dries more firmly and it's easier to clean if dust begins to collect on the surface.

Time: 12 hours on sculpture plus an additional 2-3 hours spent editing and digitally painting. 

No comments:

Post a Comment